West Cape May, NJ 08204
- Clerks Office
- Finance and Tax
- Court Administration
Our purpose is to keep both residents and non-residents aware of news and information about town events and programs sponsored by the various Borough departments and non-profit organizations. We hope you find our site informative.
Click here for information about the proposed roundabout at the intersection of Myrtle/Park/Perry
Government Energy Aggregation
The Board of Commissioners has been discussing energy aggregation with an eye toward lowering the electric rates for ratepayers in the Borough. Gary Finger of the NJ Board of Public Utilities made a presentation at the last Commissioners meeting to explain the process and benefits of energy aggregation. Click here to view his Power Point presentation.
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bills?
Click here for information from Atlantic City Electric
FEMA FLOOD MAPS
Please follow this link for information about proposed FEMA flood maps.
2010 USDA Project
The Borough of West Cape May has undertaken the installation of sanitary sewers in various areas throughout the Borough as well as the extension of the Park Blvd bike path. All sanitary sewer and wate rmain installations have been completed at this time. Final paving has been completed on Central Avenue from Broadway to Park Boulevard, including the side streets, and on Park Boulevard from Central Avenue to Leaming Avenue. Paving was also completed on portions of Third, Fourth and Fifth Avenues. Remedial work is still being done on Stewart Lane and Landis Avenue and is weather dependent.
HOUSING REHAB GRANT FUNDS
West Cape May Looking for Interested Homeowners
The CodeRED is the new provider of the Borough's emergency notification system, commonly known as "reverse 9-1-1". There are a variety of services, such as text or email alerts, that each resident can subscribe to through the CodeRed link above.
West Cape May
West Cape May, formerly known as Eldredge, is one of the four jurisdictions that comprise Cape Island in Cape May County and was incorporated as a Borough in late 1884. The Borough was home to Mayflower descendents, former slaves, riverboat pilots and whalers. The Borough’s history goes back to the time of the Lenape Indians and several buildings date to the Colonial period. The area has a rich agricultural history which continues to be celebrated each year with a summer farmers’ market, and strawberry and lima bean festivals. It was once known as the “Lima Bean Capital East of the Rockies.” The Borough has reported ties to the Underground Railroad and has been home to numerous African Americans. From 1881 to 1931, the Hastings Goldbeating Company was located in the Borough employing women to pound one-inch strips of gold into gossamer-thin sheets used for decorative arts. Women still did the “booking” of gold leaf sheets until 1961.